Now available at TanForLess.com! Sun Labs 8 oz. Self-tanning lotions in your choice of Tan Overnight (Medium), Ultra Dark (Dark) and Dark Sunsation (Very Dark). Can be applied to body and face!
Just Arrived! Million Dollar Tan sunless lotions and sprays available in 10% and 12% DHA for all skin types. We also offer Airbrush spray solution for the commercial spray tan business’s in both 10% and 12% DHA with added bronzer.
To avoid sunless products from grabbing certain areas with too much sunless color, use Million Dollar Tan’s Blend Up barrier cream.
Tanning like anything else has turned into a do it yourself routine where everyone believes that they can do it easily without anyone else’s help, and with this method of thinking there are bound to be problems. But here in this article I will tell you of the 10 most common tanning mistakes and how you can beat them, to get a wonderful tan without the hassle.
• Exfoliation of joints- A big and very common mistake of tanners is not to properly exfoliate there joints. To exfoliate means to open, so some people do not properly open there joints up for the lotion to work or the sun to get to it. This can result in darker areas as well as aching joints, to solve this problem you can either add some moisturizer to the lotion to lessen its impact or shave your legs (shaving legs will eliminate the dead cells on top of your skin allowing the lotion to easily pass through).
• Streaking- These are uneven lines that come with your tan as well as areas that are darker than some, this can look very bad and very off setting. These occurs because the tanner ran off the body, the tanner was not evenly layered on and other reasons. The way to solve this problem is to take a damp towel, some gel, a cotton ball and slowly go over these areas and remove the excess color and tone until you get it how you like it.
• Too much tanner applied- Every beginner will make this mistake where he or she adds way too much tanner that is needed. This is simple to fix all you need to do is get a damp towel or wash cloth and simply tap it on the area that has too much tanner, this will take up it and if you want to re add some you can but do it carefully.
• Dark blotchy areas- No matter how careful you are in adding your lotion most people seem to get a dark blotchy area. To fix this problem is quite unorthodox, you will need to get a lemon (a lime should work too) and rub it on the dark area, and the chemical components of the lemon will mix with those of the lotion or tanner and cause it to get gradually lighter.
• The addition of too little tanner, this is a simple problem that can be fixed by adding more tanner throughout the process but try to keep it equal.
• Dirty heels- This can be because by the tanner running down to the heels and making they look a brown color to fix this you can use a normal file and rub it off.
• A too thick tan oil or lotion- Sometimes people get a lotion that is too thick to their liking, to fix this just mix it with some moisturizer and it will be less thick and look better.
• Bad tan lines- People who tan often realize the disaster of a bad tan line, to help fix a bad tan line would be to use a damp or moist towel and wipe over the parts of the tan lines that you don’t want and this will get rid of them.
- Avoid shaving or waxing for at least 24 hours before application. This is because the ingredients in the lotions are likely to irritate such raw skin.
- To get an even skin tone, you should take the time to exfoliate your skin at least 24 hours before putting on the lotion.
- Be sure to put time aside to apply the sunless tanning lotions. This is because it will be at least 3 hours before you can wear clothes or walk out to the street because it takes time to apply and also to dry properly.
- To be on the safe side, be sure to moisturize your skin especially areas like the elbows and knees before you apply the tan. You must ensure you use water-based moisturizer because the oil based option will prevent the skin from properly absorbing the lotion.