We now offer the full line of Au Courant Sunless products! Choose from sunless lotions, sprays, mousse, Tinted SPF20 and facial gels. Au Courant is a name you can trust and offers excellent quality products for a safe tan with a warm bronze glow.
Tanning like anything else has turned into a do it yourself routine where everyone believes that they can do it easily without anyone else’s help, and with this method of thinking there are bound to be problems. But here in this article I will tell you of the 10 most common tanning mistakes and how you can beat them, to get a wonderful tan without the hassle.
• Exfoliation of joints- A big and very common mistake of tanners is not to properly exfoliate there joints. To exfoliate means to open, so some people do not properly open there joints up for the lotion to work or the sun to get to it. This can result in darker areas as well as aching joints, to solve this problem you can either add some moisturizer to the lotion to lessen its impact or shave your legs (shaving legs will eliminate the dead cells on top of your skin allowing the lotion to easily pass through).
• Streaking- These are uneven lines that come with your tan as well as areas that are darker than some, this can look very bad and very off setting. These occurs because the tanner ran off the body, the tanner was not evenly layered on and other reasons. The way to solve this problem is to take a damp towel, some gel, a cotton ball and slowly go over these areas and remove the excess color and tone until you get it how you like it.
• Too much tanner applied- Every beginner will make this mistake where he or she adds way too much tanner that is needed. This is simple to fix all you need to do is get a damp towel or wash cloth and simply tap it on the area that has too much tanner, this will take up it and if you want to re add some you can but do it carefully.
• Dark blotchy areas- No matter how careful you are in adding your lotion most people seem to get a dark blotchy area. To fix this problem is quite unorthodox, you will need to get a lemon (a lime should work too) and rub it on the dark area, and the chemical components of the lemon will mix with those of the lotion or tanner and cause it to get gradually lighter.
• The addition of too little tanner, this is a simple problem that can be fixed by adding more tanner throughout the process but try to keep it equal.
• Dirty heels- This can be because by the tanner running down to the heels and making they look a brown color to fix this you can use a normal file and rub it off.
• A too thick tan oil or lotion- Sometimes people get a lotion that is too thick to their liking, to fix this just mix it with some moisturizer and it will be less thick and look better.
• Bad tan lines- People who tan often realize the disaster of a bad tan line, to help fix a bad tan line would be to use a damp or moist towel and wipe over the parts of the tan lines that you don’t want and this will get rid of them.
With the dangers of UV rays and direct sunlight strongly evident, people are now turning to a solution in a can or bottle to get that bronze tone that one can only get from sitting in the sun. Some of the solutions that one can turn to is tanning sprays, bronzers, pills, creams and, most commonly, sunless tanning lotions. There are a number of tips on applying sunless tanning lotions on oneself that one should follow for the best results.
The first thing that one must know is that there are tips for before, during and after applying the sunless tanning lotions. To begin with, before applying any tanning lotion:
Avoid shaving or waxing for at least 24 hours before application. This is because the ingredients in the lotions are likely to irritate such raw skin.
To get an even skin tone, you should take the time to exfoliate your skin at least 24 hours before putting on the lotion.
Be sure to put time aside to apply the sunless tanning lotions. This is because it will be at least 3 hours before you can wear clothes or walk out to the street because it takes time to apply and also to dry properly.
To be on the safe side, be sure to moisturize your skin especially areas like the elbows and knees before you apply the tan. You must ensure you use water-based moisturizer because the oil based option will prevent the skin from properly absorbing the lotion.
Once you are prepared, you can now proceed to apply the lotion. It is usually advised to use a roller sponge that can be found in any hardware store. This is perfect for spreading out the lotion evenly on the skin and it will also help you reach the back.
When applying the lotion, it is usually a good idea to wash your hands every once in a while applying. It is even better if you get surgical gloves which are easily available to keep your fingers from being stained. When applying on the skin, be sure to apply evenly to avoid any build up. You cannot apply this on the bikini area because it dries and looks like dirt. You should also know that freckles and moles tend to become darker after complete application while scars rarely darken and these are facts you must keep in mind when applying. Once you have fully applied the lotion and let it dry, you must apply moisturizer over the tan daily until it fades. If you want to keep the tan effect going, apply after every about 3 days.
After applying the sunless tan lotions, you should avoid wearing bright clothes that will visibly stain. You must also avoid sitting in the sun because, unless the option you applied contains sun block properties, you will not be safe from the UV rays. You will be able to easily enjoy that bronze tint you have been trying to go for all summer at a cost-effective level. Learning how to apply and being able to care for your skin after that are the most important factors to consider for the best sunless tan.
There are people who prefer to use the sun to get tanned. However, these people end up spending large sums of cash treating the side effects that result from these procedures. There are numerous safe methods you can use to get a tan that is still as effective as other kinds of tanning that are classified as risky. These are the sunless methods that are generally friendly to your health.
Sunless tanning entails strategies that are applied to get a tan without having to come directly into contact with sun. There are a number of methods that are used to get these results. These methods include airbrushing, tanning beds and mists. These sunless products are screened to ensure their composition is safe for use by human. These sunless lotions are sold at competitive prices. They also have simple application procedure that will give you the desired look you want. Here are 10 advantages of sunless tanning.
1. The sunless lotions are convenient to use. You will not have to go lying in the sun for hours to get a tan. Besides, it will not be available if you want to go early in the morning. Sunless tanning will work regardless of the kind of weather prevailing as you can get equipment in your local salon that will help you achieve your desired results.
2. There are some people with skins that are hard to tan. The machines used are adjustable accordingly. If your skin is the problematic kind to tan, you will increase the tanning power of the machine. Similarly, if you have a light skin that tans easily, you can adjust the machine according to suit you.
3. The method has instantaneous results. There are no elaborate procedures to be followed. After application, it will only take a short amount of time for you to get the desired tan.
4. Since there are no UV rays that are used, you will not have to worry about the possible side effects that are caused by sun rays.
5. The sunless tanning comes with sunscreen and moisturizers. These are both important ingredients for development of a healthy skin. The tanning material is applied on the screen and then a moisturizer followed by a sunscreen is later applied. Combination of these products ensures maximum protection of your skin.
6. This method is available at many places since lotions used for tanning process are portable. In addition, you do not have to risk skin cancers sleeping under the sun.
7. Since there are a lot of salons that have been established, each of them will try to come up with competitive deals that will attract clients. This has resulted to numerous affordable alternatives.
8. The sunless tan is more effective than the sun and yet you are taking no health risk. The tan can increase your looks when you are going to a party or other places where you would like to feel cute.
9. The sunless tanning helps you to avoid side effects that are caused by the sunray like aging, skin cancers, blemish and scarring among other effects.
10. There has been a lot of research that has been done on these products to ensure that they are free of harmful components.
Now available – Fake Bake Tantalizing Self-tanning Butter. If you are light complected than this product is for you! This self-tanner contains a smaller percentage of sunless ingredients resulting in a lighter tan that is perfect for people with light skin tones. It is also beneficial in maintaining/prolonging an already existing sunless tan along with it’s wonderful moisturizing properties. The brown color of the butter is used as a guide for a streak free application.
Order yours today at TanForLess.com and give us some feedback on your experience with the Fake Bake Butter.